Schedule / Calendar
*all dates are subject to change
Classes are held on Monday Nights 6:30 - 9:00pm
at Northgate Church, 51 Fourwinds Dr, Sunbury OH 43074
Open Enrollment: June 22 - September 1
Late Enrollment: An additional $50 will be added to your tuition
Classes Begin: September 14
First Semester: September 14 - December 14
Second Semester: January 4 - April 26
Retreat: January 2021
Graduation Celebration: May 3
- Do you desire to have greater intimacy with God and others?
- Would you like to grow in revelation and understanding of the Bible?
- Do you feel like God has a purpose for your life that needs fulfilled?
- Do you desire to do the things that Jesus did like heal the sick and bring freedom to the broken?
- Do you long to be part of a community that is eager and hungry to grow?
- Have you ever wished that you could get more training but feel like you can't because of time, family, work or the cost?
If you answered 'yes' to one or more of these questions, then Kingdom Life School is for you.
Kingdom Life School is a two-year training program where students learn how to naturally carry and live out a kingdom lifestyle of God's love and power. The first year focuses on your “roots" by creating a healthy, solid foundation so you can begin to walk in greater love, power and freedom. Your journey in year one will ignite your relationship with God by grounding your identity in Christ, fostering intimacy with Christ, and igniting the revelation of Christ to you!
Second Year focuses on the “fruit” your life produces as you live and lead in your sphere of influence. Your journey in year two will propel you in your walk with God by empowering, activating, and partnering in ministry and the marketplace as you make an observable difference in your church and city! Each year is a nine-month program that meets on Monday nights from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm. Classes begin mid-September and finish at the end of April. Students who only take First Year are NOT required to take Second Year. However, First Year is a prerequisite for taking Second Year.
Our dream is that KLS will be a multi-generational school that embraces students from the ages 18 to 80+. Joining generations together, they honor, value, and serve one another which is consistent with Northgate’s core values and mandate.
The Kingdom must be in us before it can be expanded through us! We believe it is time for Christians to walk in a lifestyle of God’s love, presence and power by demonstrating His kindness in their everyday lives. Jesus said, “Greater works than these you will do because I’m going to the Father.” (John 14:12)
What Can I Expect?
- A Learning Atmosphere Charged with God’s Presence
- Passionate, Intimate Worship
- God Encounters that Strengthen Intimacy, Identity & Revelation
- Word & Spirit Teachings from Northgate Senior Leadership
- Impartations & Activations from Special Speakers/Guests
- Small Groups who Foster Healthy Community
The school emphasizes hands-on training and activation to do what Jesus taught and did. KLS will take your Biblical knowledge and foundation to the next level by teaching how to read and study the Bible, recognizing history, language, context and purpose. You will be challenged to take risks and stretch your faith by releasing God’s love and power.
In addition to the school nights, here are additional benefits included:
- Access and impartation of local and guest speakers at Northgate. Many will extend their stay in order to also share at the school.
- ‘Go Learn’ online platform where you will receive additional teaching and training from speakers like Bill Johnson, Kris Vallotton, Danny Silk, Heidi Baker and others. You can conveniently access these teaching videos anytime and anywhere. Each month we will feature pre-selected videos to enhance your learning on that month's topic.
- Weekend retreat to help you go deeper in your spiritual journey and connect in community.
- Video Conference calls which will many times feature outside guest speakers from around the nation/world to teach, answer questions, prophesy, etc. These will most likely take place on Thursdays, 8-9 pm to avoid interfering with family time. These sessions would be recorded so you could view them anytime in case you can't participate live.
- One Sozo (inner healing) session per year.
Tuition & Fees
Tuition for the 2020/21 year is $950 per person / $1,450 for a married couple
- $100 nonrefundable deposit required with registration
- Three payment options are offered: payment in full, three payments, or eight payments
- The decision on how to pay will be finalized first night of class, September 14; first payments for those who opt into a payment plan will be due September 20.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES / DISCOUNTS:
Below is the 2020/21 tuition deadlines and discounts available. Brian Simmons is coming to Northgate on August 21. KLS students will receive special access.
AUGUST 1: receive 10% off tuition, plus free admission to Brian Simmons (coming Aug 22)
SEPTEMBER 1: last day to submit application without penalty
SEPTEMBER 14: last day to apply with $50 late fee
If paying in full will be a challenge, we offer payment plan options. There is a $10 administrative fee added to each payment transaction (three payments = $10x3; monthly payments = $10x8).
THREE PAYMENTS: Due 9/20, 11/20, 2/20
Individual / $950 - $100 deposit = $850 + $30 fee = $294 payments x 3
Couples / $1450 - $100 deposit = $1350 + $30 fee = $460 payments x 3
MONTHLY PAYMENTS: Processed on the 20th of each month (September - April)
Individual / $950 - $100 deposit = $850 + $80 fee = $116.25 x 8
Couples / $1450 - $100 deposit = $1350 + $80 fee = $178.75 x 8
- Above payment amounts listed do not include early registration discounts.
- Deposits are nonrefundable except in situations where applications are denied or withdrawn before September
Click the link to view current discounts KLS2020_discounts.png
If the tuition seems overwhelming, do not let it discourage you. We would encourage you to take your desire to attend before the Lord and ask Him to make a way. Part of the KLS experience is to step into things that seem too big, that’s living in a Kingdom environment! You will be stretched in many ways. KLS is an investment that could require sacrifices of your resources, both in time and money.
Here are some possible ideas that could help:
- Make a sacrifice … Are there any expensive habits you’re willing to break to put that money towards tuition? Can you pack your lunch instead of eating out or every time you crave that Starbucks, instead put that cash towards stepping into Kingdom Life!
- Sell something … Do you have any items of value sitting around that you’re willing to sell? Maybe ask a friend to help post old phones on eBay, or clothes you no longer need on Facebook MarketPlace. Do you have a hobby that maybe you can turn into some extra income for a time?
- Approach family or friends … Let your friends and family know that you are investing in your destiny and see if those close to you would be willing to contribute toward your growth journey. There are many crowdfunding options available.
- Apply for a KLS Scholarship … Once you feel you have explored all the different options available to you, if you still have a financial need, reach out to Jill@northgate.church to apply for a KLS Scholarship. These scholarships are funded by individuals who believe in KLS and want to invest in you!
Frequently Asked Questions
What will a typical night consist of or look like?
Most nights will consist of elements of worship, encounters with God, teaching, activations and community (small groups.) Activations are opportunities for students to practice what they have learned (hearing God, praying for others, sharing prophetic words, etc.) Ultimately, we will be flexible and led by the Holy Spirit.
What does homework or assignments look like outside of Monday nights?
We understand that you have jobs and family, so you won’t be overburdened with homework. Students will have the option to do and grow as much as they can or want to. You can probably expect about 5-6 hours of assignments per week. There will be some reading, as well as, supplemental video teachings available through the BSSM Equip online platform. In addition, we will do some live video chats which would be later in the week and on an evening so that you could still enjoy time with family. These sessions may often include special guests from around the nation/world who will share and answer your questions. The live video chats will be recorded so they can be viewed later by those that were unable to attend. Since our focus is on your personal transformation, we do not give grades. Instead, we use the "honor system" which is designed to build your honor by focussing our your participation and excellence.
Do I have to be a member of Northgate Church to attend the school?
Absolutely not! We are happy to help equip people from other churches to bring regional transformation.
What is the difference between First Year and Second Year?
First Year is about the ‘roots’ of Kingdom Life, focusing on building a solid foundation of Intimacy with God, Identity, Understanding the Bible, Healthy Community and Mission. Second Year will focus on the ‘fruit’ of a Kingdom Life, as we identify, serve and lead in our spheres of influence.
What is the retreat all about?
The retreat is a weekend spent together off-site for growing and building community. We will experience the greatness of God through worship, teaching, and receiving God’s love and freedom through encounters. The retreat is included in your cost of tuition and attendance is strongly encouraged. Location and dates are still be determined, but estimated to be in January 2021. All costs associated with the retreat, aside from the travel to get there, is included in your tuition.
What is the minimum age for KLS?
Our minimum age for KLS is 18 years old. Exceptions are made periodically.
Do you have a program that starts in the spring?
Unfortunately, we do not. We start in the fall and because the sessions are designed to build upon one another we aren’t typically able to allow participants to start later in the year.
If I get accepted, but then decide not to come, can my application be forwarded to next year?
Your application is non transferrable to a different school year and will need to be filled out again.
What is the application deadline?
September 1 is the deadline to enroll and submit a nonrefundable deposit, to avoid late enrollment fees. After September 1, applications can still be submitted, but with a $50 late registration fee.
Do you have to finish both years?
No, you will graduate at the end of each school year so you are able to attend one, or two years.
Do we give out the book list ahead of time?
No. However, we will give plenty of notice for any additional books that will be required.
What is the graduation date?
The 2021 year will end April 19, 2021 with a the graduation ceremony scheduled for April 26.
Can I monitor class sessions without being a paying student?
Because we are trying to build healthy community through transparency and vulnerability, we would like to limit the school experience to those that have made the sacrifice and commitment. However, we would be open to someone to monitoring a class or two to help them decide if they want to attend the school. Please contact the School Administrator for more information: email@example.com
Do you provide financial aid?
We do not offer financial aid as we are not government funded, nor are we an accredited university. If you have concerns with the tuition costs, please the section entitled ‘Funding Options’.
How do I raise money for tuition?
If finances seem to be an issue, we would recommend trying the following: pray and believe in faith, make a sacrifice in your budget, share your desire with your family and friends, and finally, talk to our school administrator.
Do you require a High School Diploma or GED?
We would prefer that you have completed High School or earned your GED or equivalency. However, please let us know if there are extenuating circumstances that should be considered.
Is there a discount for family?
Yes. We offer a discount for a married couple. See the Tuition section above.
Do you provide childcare?
We are hoping to offer childcare (ages 3-10) at a cost of $5 per week per child. There will be a maximum cost of $10 per week for a family. Please indicate on your application if you would be interested in this service.
Who do I contact for more information?
KLS Administrator: Jill Rindfuss / firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to Apply?