- Do you desire to have greater intimacy with God and others?
- Would you like to grow in revelation and understanding of the Bible?
- Do you feel like God has a purpose for your life that needs fulfilled?
- Do you desire to do the things that Jesus did like heal the sick and bring freedom to the broken?
- Do you long to be part of a community that is eager and hungry to grow?
- Have you ever wished that you could get more training but feel like you can't because of time, family, work or the cost?
If you answered 'yes' to one or more of these questions, then Kingdom Life School is for you.
Kingdom Life School is a two-year training program where students learn how to naturally carry and live out a kingdom lifestyle of God's love and power. The first year focuses on your “roots" by creating a healthy, solid foundation so you can begin to walk in love, power and freedom. Second Year focuses on the “fruit” your life produces as you live and lead in your sphere of influence. Each year is a nine month program that meets on Monday nights from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm. Classes begin in mid-September and finish at the end of April. Students who only take First Year are NOT required to take Second Year. However, First Year is a prerequisite for taking Second Year.
Our dream is that KLS will be a multi-generational school which embraces students from the ages of 18 to 80+. Joining the generations together, where they honor, value, and serve each other is consistent with Northgate’s core values and mandate.
The Kingdom must be in us before it can be expanded through us! We believe it is time for Christians to walk in a lifestyle of God’s love, presence and power by demonstrating His kindness in their everyday lives. Jesus said, “Greater works than these you will do because I’m going to the Father.” (John 14:12)
Your journey through these two years will propel you forward in your relationship with God, your true identity, your understanding of the Bible, and the power you carry to impact the world for His Kingdom.
What Can I Expect?
Expect an atmosphere that is charged with God’s presence as we combine passionate worship, encounters with God, teaching from Northgate’s Senior Leadership Team, impartations from special guests and healthy community through small groups. The school emphasizes hands-on training and activation, which means you get to do what Jesus taught and did. KLS will take your Biblical knowledge and foundation to the next level by learning how to read and study the Bible. This includes history, language, context and purpose. You will be challenged to take risks to stretch your faith through releasing God’s love and power. Our leaders will help you reach your full potential by challenging you into an accountability for the call God has for your life.
In addition to the school nights, here are some of the other amazing benefits we included in the cost:
- Guest speakers at Northgate will many times extend their stay in order to also share at the school.
- An online learning platform where you will receive additional teaching and training from speakers like Bill Johnson, Kris Vallotton, Danny Silk, Heidi Baker and others. You can conveniently access these teaching videos anytime and anywhere. Each month we will feature pre-selected videos to enhance your learning on that month's topic.
- Weekend retreat to help you go deeper in your spiritual journey and connect in community.
- Video Conference calls which will many times feature outside guest speakers from around the nation/world to teach, answer questions, prophesy, etc. The current thought is that these could be on a Thursday night from 8-9 pm to avoid interfering with your family time. These sessions would be recorded so you could view them later in case you can't participate live.
- One Sozo (inner healing) session per year.
Schedule / Calendar
Classes are held on Monday Nights 6:30 - 9:00 pm
at Northgate Church, 51 Fourwinds Dr, Sunbury OH 43074
Enrollment: July 21 - September 1
Classes Begin: September 16
First Semester: September 16 - December 16
Second Semester: January 6 - April 20
Graduation Celebration: April 26
Tuition & Fees
As you can see from the list of benefits, we offer a lot compared to the cost. We charge a little more than some schools and much less than others. If you are challenged with the cost but believe that God is calling you to do this school, then you can trust that God will provide the finances.
Tuition for the year is $950 per person or $1,450 for a married couple. This includes all of the benefits listed above. Tuition is due in full by September 15. There may be some additional books required that are not included in the cost. Most books range in cost from $10-$14.
Payment Plan Options:
If paying in full would be a challenge, we also have two payment plan options available.
- Three Payments: $350 by 9/20, 11/20 & 2/20 ($515 for couples)
- Monthly Payments: Down Payment of $350 by 9/20. Monthly payment of $125 due on the 20th of the month (October - April). Couples would pay a $350 down payment with a monthly payment of $185.
- Make a sacrifice: You could cut out a Starbucks habit, pack your lunch or eat out less often.
- Sell something: Maybe you have something of value sitting around that you could sell.
- Ask for donations: Let your friends and family know that you are investing in your destiny and see if those close to you would be willing to contribute toward your growth journey. There are many crowdfunding options available.
Frequently Asked Questions
What will a typical night consist of or look like?
Most nights will consist of elements of worship, encounters with God, teaching, activations and community (small groups.) Activations are opportunities for students to practice what they have learned (hearing God, praying for others, sharing prophetic words, etc.) Ultimately, we will be flexible and led by the Holy Spirit.
What does homework or assignments look like outside of Monday nights?
We understand that you have jobs and family, so you won’t be overburdened with homework. Students will have the option to do and grow as much as they can or want to. You can probably expect about 5-6 hours of assignments per week. There will be some reading, as well as, supplemental video teachings available through the BSSM Equip online platform. In addition, we will do some live video chats which would be later in the week and on an evening so that you could still enjoy time with family. These sessions may often include special guests from around the nation/world who will share and answer your questions. The live video chats will be recorded so they can be viewed later by those that were unable to attend. Since our focus is on your personal transformation, we do not give grades. Instead, we use the "honor system" which is designed to build your honor by focussing our your participation and excellence.
Do I have to be a member of Northgate Church to attend the school?
Absolutely not! We are happy to help equip people from other churches to bring regional transformation.
What is the difference between First Year and Second Year?
First Year will focus on helping to build a solid foundation of knowing God, Identity, Bible, Community and Mission. Second Year will focus on the fruit of our lives as we serve and lead in our spheres of influence.
What is the retreat all about?
The retreat is a weekend spent together off-site for growing and building community. We will experience the greatness of God through worship, teaching, and receiving God’s love and freedom through encounters. The retreat is included in your cost of tuition and attendance is strongly encouraged. We are currently working on finalizing a date and location.
What is the minimum age for KLS?
Our minimum age for KLS is 18 years old. Exceptions are made periodically.
Do you have a program that starts in the spring?
Unfortunately, we do not. We start in the fall and because the sessions are designed to build upon one another we aren’t typically able to allow participants to start later in the year.
If I get accepted, but then decide not to come, can my application be forwarded to next year?
Your application is non transferrable to a different school year and will need to be filled out again.
What is the application deadline?
At this point, September 1 is the deadline to fill out an application.
Do you have to finish both years?
No, you will graduate at the end of each school year so you are able to attend one, or two years.
Do we give out the book list ahead of time?
No. However, we will give plenty of notice for any additional books that will be required.
What is the graduation date?
Can I monitor class sessions without being a paying student?
Because we are trying to build healthy community through transparency and vulnerability, we would like to limit the school experience to those that have made the sacrifice and commitment. However, we would be open to someone monitoring a class or two that is considering attending the school. Please contact the School Administrator for more information.
Do you provide financial aid?
We do not offer financial aid as we are not government funded, nor are we an accredited university.
How do I raise money for tuition?
If finances seem to be an issue, we would recommend trying the following: pray and believe in faith, make a sacrifice in your budget, share your desire with your family and friends, and finally, talk to our school administrator.
Do you require a High School Diploma or GED?
We would prefer that you have completed High School or earned your GED or equivalency. However, please let us know if there are extenuating circumstances that should be considered.
Is there a discount for family?
Yes. We offer a discount for a married couple. See the Tuition section above.
Do you provide childcare?
We are hoping to offer childcare (ages 3-10) at a cost of $5 per week per child. There will be a maximum cost of $10 per week for a family. Please indicate on your application if you would be interested in this service.
Who do I contact for more information?
KLS Administrator: Jill Rindfuss email@example.com